'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









18 August 2009

Birthday gifts and bits


It's been a very busy few days (with a few more to come) but I wanted to show you two of my birthday gifts - a huge basket for collecting/putting things in and a gorgeous handmade bracelet from the gorgeous Claire - thank you very much it's just lovely.


Plum jam made today with the plums I got from my sister's garden. It tastes lovely - quite sharp but sweet as well. These are the plums I still have left to use.



A pile of san pro inners to go in the pockets I'm making. I had to order more poppers as I'd run out.



And finally - the thing I'm very very excited about - my very own website kit. This was recommended by Sarah at paper and string so I went to investigate and thought 'woohooo, I could do that' - so anyway, here it is. Hopefully I'll get to have a play later. Can't wait.


6 comments:

Pippa said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I've got basket envy, I just love baskets and can't walk away from them when I see them in charity shops or car boot sales. The two in your photos are very lovely! Beautiful bracelet too!! Looking forward to seeing your website up and running!!

Joxy said...

ohhh nice goodies there :)

Looks like you had a lovely day :)

Joxy.

Danigirl said...

Glad you had a nice day. Did the cat get in the basket, he/she seems to be eyeing it up in that picture ;-D

Devonmama said...

Hope you had a lovely day, am very jealous of your goodies! Plum jam is next on my list too :) Cant wait to see your website, good luck
xxx

Claire said...

Glad you had a lovely day hon. The basket is very country-chic eh?! My next project is solid perfume now my new shea butter has arrived and then some apple jam if I'm brave! xxx

Decorquips said...

Wonderful finds here! Also, I made an interesting discovery. Here’s an excerpt from an article I wrote about it this month…

DÉCOR TIPS & QUIPS from AlphabetPIX.com

Bring Out The YOU In Your Home Decor!

Bill Blass said, ìStyle is primarily a matter of instinct.î Decorating takes on a new meaning for each individual. Different tastes in dècor mean different furniture, artwork and color palettes. So what is the rule of thumb for making your place zing if itís not a certain style, pattern, or color?

Bring out the Y-O-U!

Make a statement and let your personality shine through! Add your zing to make it pop. Hang something personal on the wall with a few well-chosen accents óbold and beautiful. The trend for decor is becoming more and more personalized.

Whatever you want to say while decorating, say it with your own individual style. Put it out there for the world to see and donít look back. Express yourself! When people enter your home theyíll shoot you a complementary smile, knowing it looks and feels sooooo perfectly like you. And no one can do YOU better.

by T. Miller
Décor Tips & Quips from AlphabetPIX

http://www.alphabetpix.com
Take your individual decorating style to a whole new level of personalization, and discover a new way of looking at the world around you - Create your own Personalized Name Art with Photos That Look Like Letters!

tags: alphabetpix, personalized name art, alphabet photography, alphabet photo art, name in photos, photo letters, photo name designs, name gifts, name photos, photo alphabet, personalized gifts, name designs, decorating, home décor, interior design, wall art, design ideas, wedding gifts, personal gifts, personal art