'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









15 February 2011

Crochet Crazy

I think I can safely say my craft of the year so far is crochet :o). Lots of stars, lots of headbands, a few chokers, and lots of free form to practise how it looks. I thought I'd have a go at a hexagon as I'd already done the star. This is the second attempt as the other wouldn't lay flat as there were too many on the round. Really pleased with this...just need to learn how to write a pattern now!

This is another free form piece. Love this too.

And look at these! These are from patterns - the heart from ravelry and the other from this lovely book. I saw this on Soulemama's website, so went to investigate it. It's a fab little book with lovely gift ideas in it.


Once I'd done the practice mesh piece I thought I might as well start on a proper scarf and very addictive it was too. Hopefully I'll be able to add this to the gift pile for this year. What crafts are you crazy about so far this year?




6 comments:

Jacqui said...

ooh - lovely, lovely, lovely! Still learning to spin, but this spell of good weather has put crafts on hold for the moment.
Your new header is just pure Spring gorgeousness xx

Claire said...

That crochet looks so neat!

I seem to have a bit of everything on the go at the moment, spinning, knitting, crochet! Jack of all-trades, master of none, that's me!

Dawn said...

Lovely, clever lady x

sue said...

that mesh scarf is really nice!

xx

Kathleen said...

Lovely. I like your version of the hexagon.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE TO SEEYOU LIKE THING LIKE ME I DO THE SAME LKE SO MUCH CRAFT ANY THING GEST TO DO ,I LOVE TO LEARN MORE STAFF,GOD BLESS YOU IS NICE TO BE HANDY,NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FORME I TRY EVERYTHING,FROM A TO Z THE MOST I LIKE QUILTTING,AND CROCHET .