31 January 2009
30 January 2009
29 January 2009
I had seen this gorgeous black knitted bag somewhere (can't remember exactly) which had ribbon to tie it and sequin/beads sown on the outside, which I was going to knit. When I got the wool yesterday in the charity shop there was this gorgeous pink wool (possibly mohair although I'm not really sure as it didn't have a label) so I decided I would knit it in that instead. I started yesterday with my new bamboo needles and got just over half done. I'll hopefully finish it later.
I have to say that the bamboo needles are fantastic - I keep stroking them, they are sooo smooth and warm and lovely. Sad arn't I.
28 January 2009
27 January 2009
I took apart the quilt cover I got in the charity shop yesterday. I knew that the green patchwork that I liked was only on one side but I never actually looked at the other side properly. I'm sure there will be something I can use this for.
I decided to sort out our hat rack as well. This old scarf was in there, but was too tatty really to take to the charity shop, so I decided to pull it down and reuse the wool.
26 January 2009
I laid the fabric on the floor and cut round a pair of pyjamas (x4) that he already wears. I added an extra inch and a half of fabric to allow for the seam and for bigger pyjamas.
Once I had done that I pinned 2 pieces together inside out and then did the same with the other 2. I'm now doing running stitch before I sew them properly. I'm still sewing by hand at the moment so they're going to take me a few days.
25 January 2009
This is the first one finished, and I'm half way through the second one. Really want to start on the pyjama bottoms tomorrow, but we'll see what happens.
24 January 2009
23 January 2009
Boiling water with a pastry cutter sat in the bottom to stop the glass candle jar from cracking.
Candle happily melting away sat on top of the pastry cutter. If you've got odd bits of candles you could melt them directly into the jam jar you are going to keep them in and then add the wick once you have taken the jar out of the water.
Once it had melted I put on the oven gloves and poured it into this old golden syrup tin (jam jars will work just as well). I had tied the wick to a spoon to stop it from falling into the wax while it cooled, and then laid the spoon across the top of the tin.
22 January 2009
20 January 2009
While sorting out all my stuff over the weekend I found this bag of rose petals that I'd been using for making cards. I'm going to use these smaller ones in some more bath melts with some rose essential oil.
19 January 2009
I would also like to have a go at making some pyjamas with the material I got from Lucie on the GP forum.
17 January 2009
- Flowers, cords, bows and bells
- Chalks, glitter and glues
- Stamps, punches and scissors
- Peel offs
- More paper, embellishments, stickers and rub offs
- Christmas fabric panel and Christmas tree skirt panel
- Christmas fabric
- More paper and bits
There is still some bits to sort out. We also decided that the parchment stuff would be left together and then used by whomever wants to use it as we felt it was something that couldn't be split. The same goes for the brass stencils.
Right, back to tidying the house........
16 January 2009
15 January 2009
14 January 2009
Well here's hubby's hat. He requested a rib pattern so that what he's got - he says he likes it so that's a positive :-).
This is the first hat I've knitted on DPNs and I didn't really have a pattern, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm quite impressed really.