'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









29 February 2012

Re-using Socks


This is such a simple use of old socks you don't need to be able to sew or anything.  You will need some old socks, a jar or tin, and some scissors.


So first, you need to cut the 'foot' off the sock, then put the sock on your choosen recepticle.  I tried it upto the rim first, then I pulled it all the way up to cover the screw top lines.



Voila!!  How easy was that.  It didn't even take 2 minutes and I've re-used an old sock.  You can add any embellishments you like (there is actually some ribbon tied round this now but I've forgotton to photograph it!).  

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fab idea x

Roof said...

Awesome - that is about the right level of technical for my crafting skills, xx