'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









29 May 2009

Free food friday - elderflower cordial





Elderflower cordial - we love this in our house so I'm making a double batch of this recipe. Elderflower heads (25) and lemons (3) cut into slices in the top piccie, then a cold syrup (2pts water to 3.5lb sugar) poured on the top of these. Leave for 3 days in the fridge, then strain and bottle. You can also add 2tsp citric acid but I never do. I've tried a couple of different recipes for this but this is the one I like best (from 80 year old Molly, who makes this every year too).

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yay, you picked some too!
I looked today at the bush I picked mine from yesterday and there will be more ready for picking in a few days so we can stock up on elderflower cordial. Might try and make some champagne too, haven't done that before. Enjoy.