'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









22 October 2009

Grape Cordial









Don't know whether this is going to taste right or even whether I made it right, but if you don't give it a go you'll never know will you!?

My Dad gave me all the grapes from his vines (he likes the vines not the grapes!) to see whether I could do anything with them. I'm not good at the wine thing so I thought I'd do cordial. I put all the grapes in my tub then bashed them with a rolling pin to release the juice. Then I strained them for a few hours. I measured the juice then added suger at a rate of 700g per litre of juice, added both to a pan, brought slowly to the boil then bottled in sterlised jars. I'll let you know what it tastes like, although I have to say the colour isn't particularly appealling.

No comments: