'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









09 March 2010

Handmade Birthday


First of the birthday presents and cards this month. Since I have a few female cards to make I thought I'd make two of these. Got the fabric in the charity shop last week (double sheet for £1), mounted it onto yellow felt, then added buttons to embellish. The bath melts are cocoa/mango/shea butter with ylang ylang essential oil added to it. The bath salts are a blend of epsom salts and sea salt, with olive oil then lavender essential oil and dried lavender added as well. This is the first time I have given these as a gift and they were very well recieved so I was pleased.



These I made while I was doing part of my season swap gift. I've been saving the empty tea light holders to use with local beeswax. After burning one of them I don't think I'll be doing it again as the wick with this wax burns too quickly and doesn't use all the wax up.

No comments: