'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









06 March 2011

Busy with the crafting


A painting by the lovely Joxy arrived on Friday morning - just wonderful, thank you. She also included this ball of Noro wool which I have never used before, so I set to work on it that evening.....
.....and finished it yesterday evening. It's lovely and stiff so this bowl sits proudly, even without the turned down top.



I also finished the bags that I've been making. My sewing machine was finally fixed...all that time sat in the loft as I thought it would be expensive and it only cost £10!!! A screw had moved so the shuttle wasn't sitting still!!! Anyway, all done now and being used :o).


(Black one is sold already)


(This one was made ages ago, I'd just never put the lining in!!)




Off to put them in the shop now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and the sun is shining for you (it's still not here).


Edited to add: the bags have been added to the MISI shop as I couldn't upload via my own site!


5 comments:

Wyld Jane.. said...

Joxy is clever isn't she x I love that knitted bowl x

Roof said...

Love the bowl - beautiful! xx

Pippa said...

Joxy is very talented!! I love the knitted bowl, really pretty colours and the bags are beautiful! xxx

Joxy34 said...

Aw im glad you like the painting - had real love hate battle with that one lol. Came together in the end although i was half tempted to delay a bit further to tweak here and there but one has to say finished at some point lol. Ooh, i will pop back tomorrow to see the bowl when im at the library so i can see it properly.

Becks said...

Lovely bags, as always.
The lining always seems to wait for me too ;-)
xx